You are indeed fortunate if you have chosen to spend your vacation at the Jim Corbett Park. But other than luxuriating in the delights of nature, there are plenty of other things that could make your trip worthwhile.
Listed below are a few interesting activities that could make your stay here an enriching one :-
- If you are staying at one of the luxurious Jim Corbett Cottages, the safaris and adventure sports are the major attractions of your visit here. The Jhirna, Bijrani, and Sitabani tourist zones are best explored on jeep safaris. The canter safari or the open bus safari in the Dhikala zone and the legendary elephant safari are highly recommended things to do.
- To have an authentic feel of crossing the dense forests, nature trek is allowed in a few restricted areas of the park.
- Do not miss a visit to the spectacular Corbett natural Waterfalls, located four kilometres from Kaladhungi. The 20 metre high waterfalls are a major tourist attraction. You can also experience nature’s pure delight at the Nature Walk Museum, close to the Falls.
- At Dhangarhi, a visit to the Corbett Museum will throw light on the rich Jim Corbett legacy, with the souvenirs, mementos and relics, and publications. Thousands of devotees visit the Garjiya Devi temple, 14 kilometres from Ramnagar. You can also participate in a colourful fair organised here, on the occasion of Kartik Purnima.
- You can pay a visit to an absolutely delightful picnic spot known as Manila, located about 73 kilometres from Ramnagar. Here, you can see the forest slopes from a high altitude. Then, a 45 minute drive from the Corbett wilds is located the Tumaria Dam, a haven for serious bird watchers.
- From sandy beaches and deep gorges to the confluence of rivers, adventure-seeking souls can enjoy whitewater rafting at any age with expert guides along with sophisticated equipment for safety.
- Indulge in angling with friends and family in the sparkling and pristine Ramganga river.
- To get a real feel of the wild without forgoing the little luxuries one is so used to, stay in a Namah Resort’s cottage and revel in the beauty of nature while being ensconced in your cottage home.
- Mountain biking is another major adventure sport for you. The bicycles are outsourced, depending on the availability. The expert guides accompany you through the lush forest and rustic village trails in the Sitabani forest area.
- Parasailing is also a popular adventure sport here.
- Win the experience of a lifetime with rock-climbing and rappelling.
- Abseiling and crossing the river while hanging on a rope can also be thrilling experiences for you.